Zest A320 at Kalibo on Dec 30th 2014, runway excursion

• Wie sagt man so "Ein Unglück kommt selten alleine" ... Zum Glück ist hier nichts schlimmeres passiert ...

http://avherald.com/h?article=47f86bd0&opt=0

Zitat

An Air Asia Zest Airbus A320-200, registration RP-C8972 performing flight Z2-272 from Manila to Kalibo (Philippines) with 153 passengers and 6 crew, landed on Kalibo's runway 23 (length 2300 meters/7540 feet, landing distance available 2187 meters) at about 17:42L (09:42Z) but overran the end of the runway and came to a stop with all gear on soft ground. The aircraft was evacuated via slides. There were no injuries.No weather data are available for Kalibo, the Philippines however are under the influence of Tropical Storm Jangmi. A passenger waiting for departure from Kalibo tweeted "Weather is crazy".Kalibo features a LOC and VOR approach to runway 23, no instrument approach is published for runway 05.

• (Leider) ja nichts neues in der Region...

Da ist n Kommentar drunter, der das Problem der Sache ganz gut zusammenfasst:

Zitat

I have had some scary incidents with AK and QZ crews, both landing in thunderstorms, flying through CBs.
    There is a culture of land-I-tis, got to land irrespective of conditions, got to fly on time what-ever the weather.
    An over-run IS mostly avoidable (bar mechanical failures post landing), don't land long or fast on a relatively short wet runway, execute a missed approach, go around and try again.
    Its all about face saving for these crews, get it down whatever. If you're not stable at 500ft, hit the TOGA buttons, climb away to land another day. That's what my instructor told me 20 years ago, its always stuck in my mind.

Wenns nun doch ein Mechanical Failure war, kann die Crew nichts dafür, aber dafür sieht der Overrun zu kurz aus.