Pilot Report Embraer Phenom 300

• [video]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/video]

Stall behavior was docile and predictable. At a weight of 15,870 pounds, we trimmed the aircraft to 122 KIAS in the clean configuration, equivalent to 1.3 Vs1. The stick pusher fired at 90 KIAS (94 KCAS) or 24.4 degrees AOA. Repeating the maneuver at a weight of 15,760 pounds with gear and flaps down, we trimmed to 111 KIAS or 1.3 Vso. Descending 500 feet and leveling off, the stick pusher fired at 82 KIAS (86 KCAS) or 22.7 degrees AOA. There was no tendency to roll off or yaw in either configuration during the maneuvers, but altitude loss was considerable because of the stick pusher. These are not conditions one would want to encounter at pattern altitudes.
    Returning to São José dos Campos for pattern work, we coupled the autopilot and let the Prodigy system fly an FMS to ILS approach to Runway 15. Lateral and vertical navigation were very smooth throughout the procedure, with the multiple waypoint VNAV feature reducing much of the workload. However, both vertical and lateral navigation modes seemed a little soft in response, favoring smoothness over precision guidance.
    Once the aircraft eventually stabilized on the 155-degree magnetic inbound course, a change in HSI course deviation needle from magenta to green signified the transition from FMS to ILS guidance. We clicked off the autopilot to get a feel for the aircraft during the approach. We again observed that the aircraft seemed to have somewhat overly sensitive pitch trim, yet was comparatively numb in speed stability. Thus, airspeed excursions of 10 knots or more didn’t result in much pitch force change.
    Extending the landing gear and flaps produced very little pitch change. We bugged 110 KIAS for Vref for the Flaps 3 (26 degrees) configuration at a weight of 15,500 pounds. Final flight tests evaluating the use of full flaps on landing performance were not yet complete, so we couldn’t use that configuration.
    Over the threshold, we reduced power to idle and started to let the aircraft decelerate for the landing touchdown. In retrospect, we should have chopped the power sooner. The aircraft had excess airspeed in the flare, resulting in a long float to touchdown.
    Menini reconfigured the aircraft to Flaps 1 (eight degrees) and set the pitch trim into the takeoff position. We followed through with a touch-and-go, turning left downwind into the VFR pattern. This was followed by a normal touch-and-go.
    The next pattern was designed to evaluate the aircraft’s OEI performance, especially its balked landing performance characteristics. Menini pulled back the right throttle on downwind, we simulated calling for the engine failure check and configured the aircraft for a simulated single-engine landing. Again we used Flaps 3 (26 degrees), but flew the approach at Vref+10. There were ample power reserves on approach.
    When we neared 200 feet agl, we executed a balked landing. As we advanced the thrust lever to TOGA, Bigarella recorded a maximum 110 pounds of pedal force, indicating that the spring-loaded rudder boost system was helping to reduce pedal effort. As we rotated, we moved the flap lever to Flaps 2 and retracted the gear with a positive rate of climb. Changing to the Flaps 2 position, though, strictly was a procedural step. It didn’t change flap deflection from 26 degrees, so the aircraft climbed very poorly until we moved the lever to the Flaps 1 (eight degrees) position. We concluded that most pilots will want to use Flaps 1 for routine takeoffs because of better OEI climb performance. Flaps 2 will be better suited to light takeoff weights and very short runway operations.

BC_10_01_2009_ER12rev.jpg

The Phenom 300 features brake-by-wire with high-capacity carbon heat packs. Pedal pressure, similar the Embraer’s jetliners, is heavy but braking action is very smooth. Credit: EMBRAER
    Once we climbed to flap retraction altitude, we cleaned up the aircraft and we matched the throttle positions in preparation for a normal landing, which followed. We then taxied back to Runway 15 in preparation for a simulated OEI takeoff. At a weight of 15,200 pounds and based upon using Flaps 1, Bigarella computed V speeds of 98 KIAS for V1, 103 KIAS for rotation, 115 KIAS for V2 and 127 KIAS for flap retraction.
    Menini pulled back the right throttle at 93 KIAS, resulting in noticeable yaw as the aircraft reached V1. We countered with opposite rudder to maintain directional control. Bigarella recorded a rudder force of 100 pounds.
    We initially rotated to 12 degrees and retracted the landing gear with a positive rate of climb. At this comparatively mid weight, the aircraft had strong OEI climb performance. We climbed to flap retraction altitude, cleaned up the aircraft and returned for a normal, albeit maximum effort landing.
    Based upon a 15,000-pound landing weight and using Flaps 2, Bigarella computed a 110 KIAS Vref speed. Rolling to final, we delayed reducing thrust until reaching the threshold. Again, this resulted in excess airspeed in the flare and delayed touchdown. The aircraft decelerated smartly, with little tendency to engage the anti-skid function above 60 knots. The maneuver reminded us that Embraer aircraft require comparatively heavy pedal force to achieve maximum braking performance.
    After the maximum effort landing, the carbon brakes were quite warm and they exhibited some jerkiness as we taxied back to Embraer’s delivery center. Menini said that was expected and that braking action is smooth when they are cool. Total fuel burn for the two-hour, 24-minute mission was 2,500 pounds.
    Final Steps Toward Certification and Entry Into Service
    Embraer now has four production-conforming aircraft in the flight test program, racing toward final Brazilian ANAC and FAA type certification late this year. All flight test data collected up to September 2009 indicate that the aircraft will meet or beat Embraer’s projections. Speed, range and sea-level runway performance numbers are on target. Hot-and-high takeoff performance appears to exceed the original estimates by a wide margin.
    Embraer has been working closely with training services partner CAE to develop an FAR Part 142 training system. The first full-flight simulators will be installed at CAE locations in Dallas and Burgess Hill, United Kingdom this year. CAE and Embraer plan to open a second U.S. training center in Florida or the Northeast United States in 2010. But it’s not clear if the simulator will earn full FAA approval by the end of this year. Much the same as with the Phenom 100, the first Phenom 300 operators may have to train their pilots in their aircraft until the simulators are certified.
    Officials concede that the Phenom 300 development program is about two weeks behind schedule, but are confident they will earn TC and start initial customer deliveries in the fourth quarter of the year.
    That’s good news for Phenom 300 customers, including Flight Options, which has ordered 100, Executive Airshare with four orders and four options, Falcon Aviation Services of Abu Dhabi with six orders and four options, Eagle Creek Aviation Services with four positions and Dusseldorf-based Vibroair with two orders. Embraer won’t release the total number of orders it has for the aircraft, but the large block from fractional operator Flight Options could be spread out over several years because of softness in the business jet market.
    Long term, though, the Phenom 300 should be a strong contender in the light jet market because of its price, cabin, performance and fuel efficiency, plus its airliner-inspired, maintenance-friendly design. In addition, Embraer’s aftermarket product support is earning high marks from Phenom 100 and Legacy 600 customers, so that reputation should help bolster Phenom 300 sales. Two levels of Embraer Executive Care will be offered, with the standard service providing just parts and freight and the enhanced service providing parts, freight, both scheduled and unscheduled labor, and emergency field service. Pratt & Whitney Canada will offer its Eagle Service Plan power-by-the-hour program to cover the engines.
    Quite clearly, Embraer is making a major investment in the business aircraft market, making bold moves to unseat long established firms such as Bombardier, Cessna and Hawker Beechcraft from their positions of dominance. The design of the Phenom 300 demonstrates Embraer’s engineering muscle. The Phenom 300’s airliner toughness and 28,000-hour design life also could make some other light jets seem like spoiled prom queens in comparison. And should something break, Embraer’s growing commitment to product support is second to none. That all bodes well for the Phenom 300.
    The business jet industry, particularly the light jet sector, is forecast to rebound slowly as the economy recovers. And with its Phenoms and other executive aircraft models, in production or in development, Embraer is becoming well positioned to seize a significant share of this sector over the next several years.

Bilder -und Textquelle

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

„Natürlicher Verstand kann fast jeden Grad von Bildung ersetzen, aber keine Bildung den natürlichen Verstand.“Arthur Schopenhauer

• [video]

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/video]

ich empfehle Fullscreen und 1080er Auflösung......

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

„Natürlicher Verstand kann fast jeden Grad von Bildung ersetzen, aber keine Bildung den natürlichen Verstand.“Arthur Schopenhauer

• [video]

[/video]

embraer-phenom-300-cutaway-flight-global.jpg

Quelle!

• Nette Sache, wenn man keine fuel levers mehr hat.....oder irgendwelche Hebel über irgendwelche detents heben muß........

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von The Big Lebowski ()

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com