Eine Legende fliegt am Montag zum letzten Mal:

• Zitat

“Golf notwithstanding, aviation has always been Palmer’s most passionate vocation,” Yocom wrote. “Palmer took his first flying lessons in his hometown of Latrobe, Pa., and in 1966 graduated from prop planes to the jets that for many tour players today are a standard mode of transportation — as passengers, not pilots. Palmer’s fly-bys when departing from tournaments were a distinctive signature throughout the 1960s and ’70s, and his versatility as a pilot was matched by several remarkable achievements. In 1969, Palmer piloted a Boeing 747 before the aircraft had gone into commercial service. In 1976, he set a round-the-world speed record that still stands. Taking off from Denver in a Lear 36 and heading east, Palmer circumnavigated the globe in 57 hours, 25 minutes and 42 seconds.”

Quelle des vollständigen Textes!

Golflegende, Rekordpilot und Gentleman, der der Launch- Customer für die Citation X war, die Seriennummer 1 und später die c/n 176 kaufte..........

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

„Natürlicher Verstand kann fast jeden Grad von Bildung ersetzen, aber keine Bildung den natürlichen Verstand.“Arthur Schopenhauer