Pilot stirbt während des Fluges

• Sehr tragisch, passiert auch nicht alle Tage!

Der Pilot einer American-Airlines-Maschine ist während eines Fluges plötzlich gestorben. Ein A320 war am Montag mit 147 Passagieren und fünf Mitarbeitern an Bord auf dem Weg von Phoenix nach Boston, als der Co-Pilot über Funk einen "medizinischen Notfall" meldete. Der Kapitän sei fluguntauglich.Wie eine Sprecherin der Fluggesellschaft mitteilte, wurde die Maschine zum Syracuse Hancock International Airport im Bundesstaat New York umgeleitet. Der Co-Pilot konnte sicher landen. Wenige Minuten später stellten Rettungskräfte den Tod des 57-jährigen Piloten fest, wie Polizist Eric Carr mitteilte.Woran genau der Pilot starb, ist nicht bekannt. Die Maschine flog mit einer Ersatzcrew weiter zum ursprünglichen Ziel Boston. "Leider ist unser Pilot gestorben. Wir sind unfassbar traurig", sagte die Fluglinie dem "Guardian". Man werde sich nun um die Familie und die Kollegen des Piloten kümmern.

Spiegel

Incident: American A320 near Syracuse on Oct 5th 2015, captain incapacitated

By Simon Hradecky, created Monday, Oct 5th 2015 20:50Z, last updated Monday, Oct 5th 2015 20:50ZAn American Airlines Airbus A320-200, registration N678AW performing flight AA-550/US-550 (dep Oct 4th) from Phoenix,AZ to Boston,MA (USA) with 147 passengers and 5 crew, was enroute at FL350 about 30nm south of Syracuse,NY (USA) when the captain became ill and was no longer able to perform his duties. The first officer took over and decided to divert to Syracuse advising they were a medical emergency with the captain incapacitated while descending through 15,000 feet. The aircraft landed on Syracuse's runway 28 about 25 minutes later, the first officer inquired how emergency services would get the captain quickly, emergency services advised the aircraft would be needed at a gate for quick access. The aircraft vacated the runway and taxied to a gate where paramedics entered the cockpit.

The airline reported incredibly saddened that the captain died.

A replacement crew continued the flight and delivered the passengers to Boston with a delay of 4:45 hours.

http://flightaware.com/live/fl…/20151005/0659Z/KPHX/KBOS

Avhreald
  • Wenn an Presseberichten glauben schenkt, hatte er zwei Bypass- Operation im Jahr 2006

Zitat

Johnston died, and the co-pilot made an emergency landing in Syracuse, New York. Johnston, 57, lives in West Jordan and has been flying for well over 25 years says his family. BJ Johnston says she's been told that her husband likely died of a heart attack. Johnston says her husband had a double bypass surgery in 2006. Since that time he has been required to get a physical every 6 months to make sure he was healthy enough to fly.

Quelle

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

„Natürlicher Verstand kann fast jeden Grad von Bildung ersetzen, aber keine Bildung den natürlichen Verstand.“Arthur Schopenhauer

• Zitat von FAA

First class certificates are required for those intending to be pilot-in-command in an air carrier operation requiring an Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate. Other operations, including those under Part 91, may require a first class medical for insurance purposes, although it is not a federal requirement in such cases.
    To qualify for the first class medical certificate, pilots must meet the requirements for the third and second class certificates plus:

• Heart Function: Electrocardiogram must show normal heart function once at age 35 and annually for those age 40 and over

For pilots under 40 years of age, first class medical certificates expire on the last day of the month they were issued, one year from the date of issue. The FAA introduced this rule on July 24, 2008.[23][24] For all others, they are valid until the last day of the month, six months after they were issued. The certificate holder may then only exercise the privileges of a second class medical certificate until the last day of the month, twelve months after the certificate was issued, thereafter the privileges of a third class medical until the last day of the month, twenty four months after the medical was issued ( FAA $61.23 (d-1-iii) ).

Für mich liest sich das wie ein halbjährliches Ruhe-EKG. Es ist fraglich inwieweit dies zur Verlaufsbeobachtung eines Patienten mit Koronarer Herzkrankheit ausreicht.

• Nun, Ultraschall, DauerEKG und Stress- Echo werden sie ja wohl hoffentlich gemacht haben.

"When my time on Earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass."Bob Knight

„Natürlicher Verstand kann fast jeden Grad von Bildung ersetzen, aber keine Bildung den natürlichen Verstand.“Arthur Schopenhauer